Monday, June 30, 2014

Top 10 Anime OP's Part 2



5#
"Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" by Eiko Shimamiya
from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Wait, what's this?! Have I broken the sacred rule of countdowns and included two entries from the same franchise onto my list?! Well, yes and no. First of all, if you remember, my first Higurashi entry was but a honorable mention. And secondly, yes I would have, since both OP's of Higurashi are awesome. Regardless, this opening so perfectly catches the eeriness and horror of Higurashi, with the surreal images, psychedelic looking flowers, and a opening chant that sends shivers down your spine, that I just had to include it. 

4#
"Guren no Yumia" by Linked Horizon
from Attack on Titan

I'm not sure what I can really say about this opening. If you're a regular fan of anime, you've no doubt heard this opening before because you've already seen the show it belongs to. And if you haven't...well just listen. Or listen to the full version here

3#
"Marshmallow Justice" by  Eri Kitamura
from Nisemonogatari

While the high pitch voice can be a little grating, this opening stands as a pinnacle of creativity for me. The beat is just as energetic and powerful as the character it represents, and the visuals are just way too cool, a byproduct of Studio Shaft having way too much money for this Bakemonogatari sequel. It's like she's surfing  on a freakin' wave of red paint. Yeah, the show itself kind of sucked, but all the more reason to like this awesome OP. While the full version is really hard to find, I recommend you try; it's even better than this 90 second segment, at least, in my opinion. 

2#
"My Dearest" by Supercell
from Guilty Crown

Horrible anime. Amazing OP. I'm seriously this is what practically carried me through the first half of Guilty Crown(until they replaced it with something worse), a mash-up of incredible animation, and a song that built up on a increasingly fast beat and a flurry of images, turning this into one of my favorite OP's of all time. Now, if the show had been any good... 

...1#
"Rise" by Origa
from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Second Gig

OK, I know I said these songs were ranked in any order but...I do admit, this is my favorite OP ever. Strangely enough, I haven't even seen the show yet, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate this wonderful song. Who know that Russian, English, and Japanese lyrics could blend so beautifully to create a fast-paced, blood-pumping and unforgettable OP. Watch the full version here

Well, that just about does it for this list. Hope you all enjoyed these 10 handpicked OP. This might be the last post I make for awhile, since there is a couple things I need to tend to over the week. However, I'll have you know that I'm working on the concepts for both a new "Footnotes" and another review, which may or may not have something to do with one the songs on this list. Till then. Goodbye for now guys. 

Follow me on Hummingbird:

No comments:

Post a Comment